- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (about 12–16 oz, or 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- ½ cup AP flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 450° degrees. Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork multiple times, then set on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Roast 40-50 minutes until potatoes are extremely soft. Allow potatoes to cool until easy to handle, then peel off the skins and mash the flesh. This can be done a day or two in advance. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. To make the muffins, preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the AP flour, whole wheat flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the mashed sweet potato, eggs, almond butter, oil and vanilla. Once well combined, stir in the granulated and brown sugars. Stir the wet into the dry just until combined. Don’t over mix but be sure to get all those dry goodies well incorporated!
4. Scoop muffin batter into muffin tin. Bake muffins for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Keywords: muffins, baking, easy baking, almond butter, sweet potatoes, sweet potato muffins, baking with sweet potatoes