A spicy take on shrimp salad, perfect for serving on a bed of baby spinach or crispy corn tortillas, or both!
- 1/3 cup sliced or crushed almonds
- 1 Pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined (without tails is easiest)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
For serving, optional:
- Baby Spinach
- Crispy Corn Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the almonds in a small saute pan and set over medium heat. Toast until fragrant and golden, about 3-5 minutes. Shaking the pan every so often to prevent burning. Once done, transfer to a clean plate and let cool.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. If your shrimp have tails, remove them. Arrange shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Set shrimp in preheated oven and bake until pink, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temp.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the mayo, sriracha, vinegar, chopped cilantro, green onions and ground and cumin. Place in the refrigerator until shrimp and almonds are both cool.
- Once shrimp is cool to the touch, chop into small bite-sized pieces. Fold into the mayo mixture along with the toasted almonds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with baby spinach and avocado on a crispy corn tortilla, if desired.