Juicy, flavorful shrimp patties seared and topped with spicy aioli, lettuce and banana peppers.
- 2 pounds peeled, deveined and tail-off shrimp, thawed if necessary (any size)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large or 2 medium jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons togarashi
- 1¼ cups finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 6 brioche hamburger buns
- ½ cup banana pepper rings (mild or hot)
- Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- In food processor, process 1¼ pounds (a little more than half) of shrimp, ½ teaspoon garlic, 1 tablespoon lime juice, ginger and soy sauce until nearly smooth. Add remaining shrimp, jalapeño, 2 tablespoons parsley, ¼ cup green onion and black pepper. Pulse until mixture is combined and some chunks of shrimp remain; stopping to scrape down sides of bowl if necessary.
- Shape shrimp mixture into 6 (4 x ½-inch) patties.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add patties, pressing to keep flat. Cook 8 minutes or until browned, turning once halfway to brown both sides. Reduce heat to medium after turning and cook until internal temperature reaches 145° with instant-read thermometer. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Wipe out skillet and place over medium-high heat; place buns cut sides down in skillet and cook 3 minutes or until toasted. Repeat with remaining buns.
- In medium bowl, stir mayonnaise, togarashi, and remaining ½ teaspoon garlic and 1 tablespoon each lime juice, parsley and green onion. Spread onto cut sides of buns.
- To serve, place burgers on bottom buns and top with banana peppers and romaine.
Keywords: Shrimp Burgers, Shrimp Patties