Easy roasted asparagus topped with my creamy cauliflower Alfredo sauce. What’s not to love about this?!
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/3–1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Chickpea breadcrumbs or other crunch factor such as almonds, pumpkin seeds or toasted panko
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Snap or cut ends off the ends of the asparagus. Place stalks on a sheet tray. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place tray in oven and roast until stalks are tender but still with a slight bite, about 10-12 minutes depending on how thick your stalks are. Remove from oven and serve while warm or refrigerate for later use.
- Meanwhile, add 1/3 cup of heavy cream and cauliflower florets to a Vitamix or other powerful blender. Puree until mixture is smooth. You may need to add another 2-3 tablespoons of cream to get the mixture to blend smoothly enough. Blend in the garlic powder, cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Place a medium saucepan or saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Once melted, whisk in cauliflower cream and cream cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth, then whisk in Parmesan cheese in small batches. Season cauliflower Alfredo with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange asparagus on plates or a platter and drizzle with cauliflower Alfredo. Finish with chopped parsley and something crunchy, like chickpea breadcrumbs or nuts or toasted panko. Serve warm!