A crisp, bright, fresh and flavorful no-cook salad of raw cauliflower and tomatoes with chive ricotta and a jalapeno mignonette makes for a delightful summer dish.
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 1-2 tablespoons jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar is nice, too)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cauliflower, trimmed into small florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios, crushed or chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Course flaky salt, like Maldon, if you have it
- Crispy bread, if desired
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta and chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In another small bowl, combine the diced shallots and jalapeno with rice wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Season with pepper and a pinch of salt.
- To build the salads, swoop a dollop of chive ricotta in the bottom of four wide, shallow bowls. Divide the cauliflower florets evenly among the bowls, piling atop along with the sliced tomatoes and a sprinkle of crushed pistachios.
- Drizzle the jalapeno mignonette over the top and finish with a sprinkle of course, flaky salt if you have it. Serve with slices of crispy, toasted bread, if desired.
This dish makes a great appetizer or party dish too. Serve a big dollop of the ricotta topped with very tiny florets and small dices of tomato along with crostini or mini pita breads for scooping. Let everyone dig in! Like hummus, only more exciting!
Keywords: raw cauliflower, ricotta, jalapeno, summer recipes, gluten free