A fast, flavorful one pan recipe the entire family is sure to enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable, canola or coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional (for spice)
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 12 ounces ground pork
- 12 ounces ground chicken or turkey
- 2 cups frozen peas, carrots and corn
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 12–16 leaves of Bibb lettuce
- A few sprinkles of white and/or black sesame seeds
- 3 green onion, sliced thin
- Have your garlic and ginger minced before starting.
- Set a large saute pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil along with red pepper flakes, if using. Let oil warm for 1-2 minutes, then add the ginger. Steep the ginger in the oil for another minute, then add the garlic. Stir to combine, then add the ground pork and ground chicken, breaking it up into small pieces as you add it to the pan. Mix to combine everything well, then continue to cook meat until browned, about 8-12 minutes, stirring often.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the hoisin, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and honey.
- Once meat is cooked through and beginning to brown, add the peas, carrots and corn. Cook for about 3 minutes to defrost, then pour in the sauce ingredients. Simmer everything together for 3-5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Separate Bibb lettuce leaves to make individual cups. Scoop hoisin chicken and pork into each leaf. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion. Serve and enjoy!