Grilled Peach Salsa is a delicious way to enjoy grilled peaches. Quite literally, perfect for summertime snacking al fresco!
- 4-5 peaches, sliced around the pit
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, parsley or basil, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Slice peaches into quarters, cutting around the pit in the middle. Brush cut sides with olive oil and season with salt.
- Set a grill pan over medium-high heat. Once surface is hot, set the peaches on top, flesh side down. Sear until grill marks form, about 3 minutes. For crosshatch grill marks, rotate peaches 90 degrees and cook until the second set of grill marks form.
- If your peaches are very firm, you can flip the peaches and cook on the skin side for 2-3 minutes as well. However, if your peaches are already quite soft, skip cooking the skin side in order to keep a firm enough texture. Transfer cooked peaches to a plate and let cool.
- To build the salsa, combine diced jalapeño, shallot, cilantro, olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Once peaches are cool enough to handle, cut into a small dice. Toss with the other ingredients, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve or refrigerate for later.
Keywords: grilled peaches, recipes for grilled peaches, salsa, homemade salsa, fruit salsa, gluten free snack recipes