The easiest way to bring out the beautiful flavor of asparagus.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Snap or cut ends off the ends of the asparagus. Place stalks on a sheet tray. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place tray in oven and roast until stalks are tender but still with a slight bite, about 10-12 minutes depending on how thick your stalks are. Remove from oven and serve while warm or refrigerate for later use.
Simply roasted asparagus is delicious, but if you want to amp it up a bit, try topping the asparagus off with my creamy cauliflower Alfredo sauce posted here.