An easy, fast, fresh-tasting pasta dish makes it to the table quickly and is sure to be a dish the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 heaping cups of rigatoni pasta (about 8-10 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chives, small dice (or other fresh herbs)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil pasta according to package instructions. Strain. Drizzle with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- While pasta boils, combine ricotta, minced garlic, chopped chives and grated Parmesan and cayenne pepper in a large mixing bowl. Note, fresh garden chives usually have more bold flavor than store bought variety, so use between 1-2 tablespoons depending on how flavorful your chives are.
- Season ricotta mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once pasta is strained, but still warm, toss in the bowl with the ricotta mix and stir to combine evenly. Serve while warm.
Keywords: easy pasta, kid friendly dinners, ricotta, cheesy pasta