A simple yet flavorful method for prepping a craveable dish of broccoli. Easy and interesting enough for a weeknight meal.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted (or non-dairy alternative)
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a cast iron skillet or other large saute pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil and warm. Get pan and oil pretty well hot.
- Carefully add the broccoli to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, then toss or stir quickly to coat evenly. Then, let the broccoli sit still in the hot pan for a few minutes. This will help sear or char the broccoli, similar to cooking meat.
- After a few minutes, toss or stir the broccoli again and char on alternate sides. Do this another 3-5 minutes until broccoli is slightly tender but still with a slight crunch or texture.
- Finish by adding the butter (or more olive oil, coconut oil or non-dairy butter) to the pan along with the paprika. As the butter melts, stir the broccoli to coat it evenly with the butter and paprika. Transfer to a serving dish and serve while warm.